Monday, November 13, 2006

Oops, this was supposed to be posted on Monday.

Oremundo Conference

This week my family and I are in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, to speak at the OREMUNDO pastor's conference. Counting the three times I spoke yesterday at the host church, I will be speaking a total of nine times before the conference ends on Thursday afternoon.

The theme of the conference is Approved Workmen, from 2 Tim. 2:15. I will be speaking on how we can "rightly divide" the Word of Truth. I will be presenting a basic exegetical process that pastors could follow in their sermon preparation. I will also be giving the pastors a list of recommended resources and Spanish Christian publishing houses.

I would appreciate your prayers for me and the sessions I will be doing. Please pray that I can be an encouragement to the pastors and give them something very practical that will aid them as they seek to preach God's Word. Please pray that I will encourage them to make God's Word the central component of their philosophy of ministry. Also please pray for Susan as she will have the challenge of keeping three children happy while away from home. Although child care will be provided during most of the sessions, I am afraid that the stress level will be greater on Susan than on me! I know that I would rather speak 9 times than do what she will have to do!

Thank you for your prayers on our behalf.

The sessions will be available as the week goes along on the internet at the OREMUNDO website. The two Sunday services are already online. Clike here if you are interested.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home