Friday, November 17, 2006

Good Conference

We are back in Monterrey after the OREMUNDO Conference. Although attendance was a little bit down, we had a wonderful time with the pastors who attended. They seemed to be encouraged and challenged by the time they spent at the conference.

For me it was challenging in several ways. Dr. Dick Mercado, from Arizona, long-time director of MGM, was there. He has been preaching for 61 years. We were thoroughly blessed by his wonderful spirit, the longevity of ministry and gracious bearing. If the Lord will give me a ministry as long and half as fruitful as him, I will be grateful to the Lord for his goodness.

It was also sharpened my ministry focus to interact with the pastors. It helped me gain a fresher and clearer vision for the kind of preparation that we need to give our young men here at the University. It also gave me a greater passion for reaching out and helping these pastors to the best of our ability. They are so hungry and open to the teaching. Please pray for us as we explore new ways to reach out to these men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home