Saturday, July 01, 2006

World Cup

Well, European soccer superiority cannot be disputed. 6 of the 8 final teams were European. Now all four semifinalists are European. Any discussion? Not really.

I am shocked that France knocked out Brazil. I didn't get to watch the game, but from what I heard it was totally deserved. France seemed to outplay Brazil. My cousins are going to be happy.

Now I must pull for Portugal. My dislike of France, Germany and Italy only leaves me one choice. Portugal also has the only remaining Barcelona player left in the World Cup. Who do I really think will win it now? Germany. No doubt.

4 Comments:

Blogger vtbix said...

Wow, you'll take the whinning Portugese players over . . . Come on, at least Zidane is one of the greatest and classiest players ever. I can't stand the Germans or the Italians so I'll be rooting for France or Portugal in the final.

5:00 PM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Common you two!!! Is Germany really that bad.

Well, at least I can agree with your appreciate for FC Barcelona. Would rather see them win the Champions League any day over the likes of Bayern, the Aresenal or Milan. I even bought a FC Barcelona cap when I was down there last month!

5:10 PM, July 01, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay. I have to go for France. Obviously. But, come on. Didn't you think that Zizou was going to make it tough for the Brazilians. He has had their number for so long. I remember in 1998 Pele predicted France to win over the Brazilians because of their ability to play as one man - thanks to Zizou, he said.

That is what happened today. All 11 men defended (even Henry) and they were very well organized. Took the Brazilians off guard.

Now, if I weren't going for France, I'd pull for Portugal. I like Figo. And, frankly, I haven't been impressed with Germany yet... even though I think they'll make away with the final.

I can't believe Italy will get past Germany with all of their issues... so Germany's cushy path continues. I think France can beat Portugal. But I don't think they can beat Germany in Germany.

Of course, they took a championship in Germany before, didn't they? Not too long ago.

My faith in France is building.

5:48 PM, July 01, 2006  
Blogger Sage said...

portugul was wupped by germany

8:12 PM, July 08, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home