Thursday, May 04, 2006

Adopt-A-Student Program

Finances. It doesn't seem to matter where you are, finances always seem to pose a major obstacle to students attending Christian colleges. Although room, board and tuition is much less expensive in Mexico that it is at a Christian college in the US, school bills are a major source of faith stretching for our students. We are grateful for the way the Lord has been providing for the needs of our students. One of the ways the Lord has chosen to provide is through the UCLA Adopt-A-Student Program (formerly UCLA Education Fund). We have seen literally thousands of dollars every year donated to students by caring and generous believers in the US. If you would like to participate, please email me at mbixby@tcmissions.org, and I will have information sent to you.

One of our finest young ladies is Alma Angélica Contreras. During the Christmas break, two of her cousins were involved in a car accident leaving both of them paralyzed (I blogged about it here). Because of the hospital bills, her family facing some humanly insurmountable financial obstacles. She was recently awarded a significant scholarship. I will post her thank you letter and picture. You may be able to detect some veiled references to what she has gone through in the past semester.

Pastor **,
Through this letter, I would like to thank you greatly for the financial gift I received from you. My name is Alma Angélica Contreras. I am 20 years old. I am from Guadalajara, Jalisco. I am currently in my fourth semester of the music major.

At the University I have learned many great things that I would not have learned anywhere else. Without your financial support, I would not have been able to continue studying. This year in particular I have seen the Lord’s hand of provision.

Thank you, Pastor **, and ** Baptist Church. I know that the Lord will bless you richly for the generous support you have given.

May the Lord bless you,
Alma Angélica Contreras


Please let me know if you or your church would like to help Alma or other students like her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home