Saturday, June 24, 2006

More Important Stuff

This is what I am calling for the World Cup. Although I am posting this after the first two games, this is what I had written out before the games. I must admit that the German display of soccer over Sweden (albeit a very slow, lazy, shoot-yourself-in-the-foot Sweden) and the slow, predictable offense of Argentina (until Tevez and Messi play) makes wonder about my call in the Argentina-Germany match.

ROUND OF 16:
Germany over Sweden.
Argentina over Mexico.
Italy over Australia.
Switzerland over Ukraine.
England over Ecuador.
Netherlands over Portugal.
Brazil over Ghana.
Spain over France.

QUARTERFINALS:
Argentina over Germany.
Italy over Switzerland.
Netherlands over England.
Spain over Brazil.

SEMIFINALS:
Argentina over Italy.
Spain over Netherlands.

FINALS:
Argentina over Spain

9 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Mientras aprecio el optimismo por la selección argentina, realmente me cuesta imaginarme que España siga hasta la final. ¿España ganarle a Brasil? Está bien que Brasil no está jugando como el Brasil que todos conocemos, pero dudo que permita que España les gane de mano.
Veremos...

10:35 PM, June 24, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Methieu,(;)) estoy completamente deacuerdo con todo menos Inglaterra. Creo que Ecuador va a ganar. Los Ingleses estan con pocas ideas. Liz, igual que tienes que estar con Argentina, nosotros tenemos que estar con la Selecion. Brazil va a ser un palo, pero hay que creer!!

6:56 AM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Matthew Bixby said...

Chris, I figured that England wouldn't play well, but thought they would win. They did, playing poorly. I guess Beckham isn't totally useless yet (even though he is a Madrid player).

Liz, Argentina made me doubt, but I think the Germans will make one too many mistakes. About Spain, I don't think it is unrealistic. Hard? Yes. Unrealistic? Not this year.

12:19 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Matthew Bixby said...

Liz,

Are you Ben and Matt's sister?

12:20 PM, June 25, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You catch Alonso's win at Canadian Grand Prix? Man he's on fire this year. BTW, good call on England. I really thought that Ecuador had something special going.

2:33 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Whatever gave it away? The interest in soccer, the Argentine connection, or the big forehead? :)
Yes, I'm an Eckman, sister of the infamous Matthew and Benjamin.
Chris-you're right, you have to believe. I'm just to realistic for my own good. I am Argentine, after all. To be completely honest, I know Argentina can beat Germany on Friday but I have my doubts.

8:29 PM, June 25, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

So sorry about the game today. On the bright side, you're not losing any support today! :)

9:23 PM, June 27, 2006  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, sorry we messed up your predictions. I appreciate the support for the Argentine team, though. We should have won.

2:58 PM, June 30, 2006  
Blogger vtbix said...

check out the start of our new blog, vtbix

10:00 AM, July 01, 2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home