Saturday, December 17, 2005

Beautiful Day, Wonderful Activity

For those who may check for an update tonight, I am posting an abbreviated update. We had a wonderful day. Thank you for your prayers. The weather was beautiful. They had been calling for cold and rain that was supposed to end during the morning hours, but instead it was bright, sunny and temperatures of around 65. We had 90 children, and, what was even more surprising, we had 18 mothers show up with their children. Several of the mothers made professions of faith. I will try to post pictures later on. Right now, I need to go continue my sermon preparation for tomorrow morning. Unfortunately, this week was not conducive to studying. I am parking my 1 John series for the holidays. I will be preaching on the response of the wise men and Herod to Christ in Matthew 2. Thank you again for your prayers.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm preaching the same subject this morning. I'm sure yours will be much more substantive than mine! But at least we're magnifying the same KING!

8:01 AM, December 18, 2005  
Blogger Matthew Bixby said...

I preached it in a narrative format. Hopefully that doesn't entail an abandonment of substance. It would be interesting to compare notes. :-)

11:10 PM, December 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home